Workflow management is creating and optimizing the paths for data in order to complete items in a given process. Workflow management includes finding redundant tasks, mapping out the workflow in an ideal state, automating the process, and identifying bottlenecks or areas for improvement.
A workflow management system (eWMS or eWfMS) is a software tool designed to help streamline routine business processes for optimal efficiency. Workflow management systems involve creating a form to hold data and automating a sequential path of tasks for the data to follow until it is fully processed.
Tasks in workflows may be done by a human or by a system. With so many options and so many products calling themselves a workflow tool, it’s hard to know what you will get. What was yesterday a simple kanban project management tool is now claiming to be a fully automated workflow system.
WHAT DOES EOCTOPUS WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EWMS) DO?
When you are in the market for a workflow management system (WMS), you are looking for something that
- Allows individuals to automate repetitive processes
- Allow Individuals to store their signature that
could be used through a physical mouse or a peripheral like a signature pad.
Allow individuals to apply for self-services form.
- Follows up automatically on uncompleted tasks in the process, and set an escalation time (measured in hours or business days) for the process to automatically been escalated to a higher level of the workflow.
- Gives an overall picture of the workflow along with performance metrics.
- Display organization processes on a single dashboard instead of going through deep insight reports.